Red Rock are currently seeking for an experienced Quality Inspector for an ongoing FIFO (5/2 – 7/7) role located in Surat, QLD:
The responsibilities shall include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Assist with the production, completion and collation of relevant verification documentation
- Compile MDR & quality assurance records and ensure qualification records are maintained and client approved
- Liaise with client inspection representatives, undertaking routine surveillance inspections
- Perform relevant inspections in accordance with governing standards and client specifications
- Perform quality reviews of pressure equipment including pressure vessels, storage tanks and associated equipment as per the applicable code and client requirements
- Prepare inspection work scopes, including any NDT required, review the equipment history and review all findings
- Verify Purchase Order information against physical goods receipt are matching (part number, descriptions & full specifications)
- Ensure all applicable identification for piping class materials are stamped or marked on the items as per material test certificates.
- Verification that items are manufactured by an approved manufacturer per the approved manufacturers and fabricators list, TAMAP.
- Ensure that the quality of the work they perform, including the correctness of inspection findings, is of a satisfactory standard, and is in accordance with the relevant approved procedure and as per scope of work requirements.
- Accept (or reject), any component inspected on the grounds of the findings and relevant procedures.
- Proactively Identify gaps and advise on continuous improvement of existing processes and systems based on previous experience and data.
- Prepare and compile inspection reports on completion of each inspection activity, and submission of reports to the Company for approval.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- 10 years in an oil & gas or related industry in Materials Inspection, new fabrication & NDT of which 4 years as Senior Inspector in supervisory role
- AICIP or API 510 / API 570 certified
- Welding Inspector - CSWIP 3.1
- NACE LI coating certificate (desirable)
- PMI certified - API 578 and experience (desirable)
- Working knowledge on materials testing, preservation techniques, and general corrosion principles.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience on inspection of oil & gas materials and equipment, i.e. piping & fittings, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, valves, structural-, lifting- and drilling- equipment, including instrumentation, electrical and temporary equipment.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, internal auditing and the development and writing of materials inspection procedures and work instructions.
- Skilled and experienced with computers & MS software programs.
- Proof of working rights in Australia
- Good communication skills.
If you meet the criteria above, we want to hear from you, please submit an updated version of your resume.